What Is AromaTherapy?
Therapy Makes Scents
50 Uses of Essential Oils
Introduction To Herbs
Collecting Wild Herbs
Herbal Tea Collection
Top Ten Researched Herbs
Insects In The Garden
Natural Child Care
Herbs & Children
Natural Remedies For Children
Using Essential Oils With Children
Herbal Medicine For Children
Herbal Treatments For Children
Homemade Beauty Solutions
Essential Oils In The Bath
Essential Oils & Affect On Skin
Natural Health Care
Therapeutic Teas & Mixtures
Honey As A healer
Herbs For Liver Problems
Herbs For Obesity
Herbs For Quitting Smoking
Native American Herbal Remedies
Natural Care For Hair Loss
Dealing With Head Lice
Herbs For Arthritis
Natural Arthritis Care
Herbs For High Blood Pressure
Herbs For Kidney Stones
Herbs For Circulation
Herbs For Hypoglycemia
Herbs For Diabetes
Herbs For High Cholesterol
Herbs For Edema
Conditions and Diseases
50 Uses for Essential Oils
- For good smelling towels, sheets, clothes, etc. place a few drops of your favorite essential oil onto a small piece of terry cloth and toss into the clothes dryer while drying. Add 5 drops essential oil to 1/4-cup fabric
softener or water and place in the center cup of the washer.
- Adding a few drops of essential oil can revive potpourri, which has lost its scent.
- Add a few drops of oil to water in a spray bottle and use as an air freshener.
- Add a few drops essential oil to a pan of water and simmer on stove or in a potpourri pot.
- To enjoy a scented candle, place a drop or two into the hot melted wax as the candle bums.
- To dispel household cooking odors, add a few drops of Clove oil to a simmering pan.
- For tired aching muscles or arthritis aches, mix 1 part Cinnamon, Sage and Basil oil to 4 parts Sweet Almond or other vegetable oil and use as a massage oil.
- Ease headache pain by rubbing a drop of Rosemary or Lavender oil onto the back of your neck.
- To blend your own massage oil, add 3-5 drops of your favorite essential oil to 1 oz. Sweet Almond or other skin- nourishing vegetable oil.
- Add 10 drops of essential oil to a box of cornstarch or baking soda, mix very well, let set for a day or two and then sprinkle over the carpets on your home. Let set for an hour or more, then vacuum.
- To make a natural flea collar, saturate a short piece of cord or softn rope with Pennyroyal or Tea Tree oil, roll up in a handkerchief and tie loosely around the animal's neck.
- Shoes can be freshened by either dropping a few drops of Geranium essential oil directly into the shoes or by placing a cotton ball dabbed with a few drops of Lemon oil into the shoes. Athlete's foot? Tea Tree is great!
- Put a few drops of your favorite essential oil on a cotton ball and place it in your vacuum cleaner bag. Lemon and Pine are nice. Rose Geranium helps with pet odors.
- To fragrance your kitchen cabinets and drawers, place a good scent dabbed on a cotton ball into an inconspicuous comer.
- Are mice a problem? Place several drops of Peppermint oil on a cotton ball and place at problem locations.
- The bathroom is easily scented by placing oil-scented cotton balls in inconspicuous places, or sprinkle oils directly onto silk or dried flower arrangements or wreaths.
- Apply true Lavender oil or Tea Tree oil directly to cuts, scrapes or scratches. 1 or 2 drops will promote healing.
- Homemade soaps are pleasant and offer therapeutic effects when scented with essential oils. Use soaps which contain pure essential oils.
- Homemade sachets are more fragrant when essential oils are blended with the flowers and herbs.
- An essential oil dropped onto a radiator scent ring or light bulb will not only fill the room with a wonderful fragrance, but will also set a mood such as calming or uplifting. (Don't put essential oil in the socket.)
- A few drops of your favorite oil or blend in the rinse water of your hand washables makes for pleasant results.
- Anise oil has been used by fishermen for years. Use a drop or two on the fingertips before baiting up. Anise covers up the human scent that scares the fish away.
- Essential oils or blends make wonderful perfumes. Create your own personal essence! Add 25 drops to 1 oz of perfume alcohol and allow to age for two weeks before using.
- To dispel mosquitoes and other picnic pests, drop a few drops of Citronella oil on the melted wax of a candle or place a few drops on the Bar-B-Q hot coals.
- 1 drop of Lemon essential oil applied directly to a wart is an effective means of elimination. Apply the essential oil daily until the wart is gone.
- Rosemary promotes alertness and stimulates memory. Inhale occasionally during long car trips and while reading or studying.
- Selling your home? Fragrance sells! Fill the kitchen area with the aroma of spices such as Clove, Cinnamon and Vanilla. Simmer a few drops of the essential oil of Cinnamon, Nutmeg and other spices. Geranium oil sprinkled throughout the home creates a warm, cheerful and inviting mood. Add Cinnamon oil to furniture polish and wipe down the wood.
- Add essential oils to paper mache. The result is the creation of a lovely aromatic piece of art.
- Infuse bookmarks and stationery with essential oils. Place drops of oil on paper and put them in a plastic bag. Seal it and leave overnight to infuse the aroma. Send only good news in perfumed letters.
- Nock pillows, padded and decorative hangers make more memorable gifts simply by putting a couple of drops of essential oil on them before giving.
- Overindulge last night? Essential oils of Juniper, Cedarwood, Grapefruit, Lavender, Carrot, Fennel, Rosemary and Lemon help soften the effects of a hangover. Make your own blend of these oils and use a total of 6-8 drops in a bath.
- Essential oils of Vetivert, Cypress, Cedarwood, Frankincense and Myrrh all make wonderful firewood oil. Drop approximately 2-3 drops of oil or blend of your choice on a dried log and allow time for the oil to soak in
before putting the log on the fire.
- Flies and moths dislike Lavender oil. Sprinkle it on the outside of your window frames.
- Place 1 or 2 drops of sleep enhancing oils such as Chamomile, Lavender or Neroli on your pillow before retiring for restful sleep.
- When moving into a new home, first use a water spray containing your favorite essential oils and change the odorous environment to your own. Do this for several days until it begins to feel like your space.
- Ideal scents for the bedroom are Roman Chamomile, Geranium, Lavender or Lemon.
- One drop of Lemon essential oil on a soft cloth will polish copper with a gentle buffing.
- When washing out the fridge, freezer or oven, add 1 drop of Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit, Bergamot, Tangerine or Orange essential oil to the final rinse water.
- For bums or scalds, drop Tea Tree oil directly on the effected area.
- Place 1 drop of Peppermint oil in 1/2 glass of water, sip slowly to aid digestion and relieve upset stomach.
- Use 1 drop of Chamomile oil on a washcloth wrapped ice cube to relieve teething pain in children.
- Six to eight drops of Eucalyptus oil in the bath cools the body in summer and protects in winter.
- Add 1 drop Geranium oil to your facial moisturizer to bring out a radiant glow in your skin.
- Place 1 or 2 drops of Rosemary on your hair brush before brushing to promote growth and thickness.
- When the flu is going around add a few drops of Thyme to your diffuser or simmer in a pan on the stove.
- To bring fever down, sponge the body with cool water to which 1 drop each of Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Lavender oils have been added.
- The blend of Lavender and Grapefruit oil is good for the office. Lavender creates a calm tranquil atmosphere while Grapefruit stimulates the senses and clears up stale air.
- A blend of Geranium, Lavender and Bergamot alleviates anxiety and depression. Use in a room diffuser or 6-8 drops of this blend in the bath.
- A wonderful massage blend for babies is 1 drop Roman Chamomile, 1 drop Lavender, 1 drop Geranium diluted in 2 Tablespoons Sweet Almond oil.
- 1 drop Peppermint oil diluted in 1 teaspoon vegetable oil rubbed on the back of the neck helps to relieve headaches
Beating The Cold Bug
Herbs For Common Cold
Herbs For Cough
Natural Asthma Care
Natural Care For Fevers
Herbs For Constipation
Herbs For Diarrhea
Herbs For Digestion
Herbs For Motion-Sickness
Herbs For Prostatic Hypertrophy
Herbs For The Prostate
Herbs For Impotence
Natural Care For Prostatis
Anemia During Pregnancy
Back Pain During Pregnancy
Fertility & Contraception
Herbs For Childbirth
Herbs For Delayed Menses
Herbs For Menopause
Herbs For Post Childbirth
Herbs For PMS/Menopause
Herbs For Post Partum
Herbs For Pre-Menstrual Tension
Get A Good Night's Sleep
Herbs For Headaches
Herbs For Insomnia
Herbs For Migraines
More On Insomnia
Herbs For Burns & Scalds
Natural Care For Bone Fractures
Herbs For Dog Bites
Herbs For Eczema
Herbs For Poison Ivy
Natural Acne Treatments
Natural Care For Dermatitis
Natural Care For Stretchmarks
Natural Care For Wrinkles
Stop Cold & Canker Sores
Natural Pet Care
Herbal Healing For Pets
All Purpose Herbal Pet Kit
Dealing With Fleas
Pets & Essential Oils
Traveling With Catnip